The Community Collaborator is the foundation of Combined Arms and is vital to our future success. Charged with fostering a vibrant atmosphere where member organizations can work and socialize productively, the Community Collaborator is responsible for proactively engaging member organizations, rapidly responding to and resolving issues, taking care of the physical space, and setting the overall tone for the community. They are the first person current members see when they walk in and the first person prospective members meet when they tour. They know members by first name and have a persistently positive and outgoing attitude in all situations. They take a sense of ownership over the community, ensuring a clean and organized environment in a fun, positive, and inclusive experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Arrive no later than 8:00 AM every weekday to inspect the space and ensure that all areas are prepared for the work day, based on the standards and checklist set by the Systems Director.
Staffing the front desk, greeting all members when they arrive and consistently keeping a working knowledge of member organizations’ goals and objectives.
- Ensuring a clean and organized environment all times of the day, including replacing supplies, rearranging chairs, making coffee, loading and unloading dishwashers—and creating an atmosphere where all member organizations feel empowered to participate in keeping the space clean.
- Supervising all move-ins and move-outs, including onboarding, security, IT training, etc.
- Working select nights and weekends as necessary for scheduled events and member-related issues.
- Collaborating with the broader Combined Arms team and supporting operations at other locations in the Greater Houston Area on occasion.
Managing local vendor relationships as necessary, monitoring inventory, and staying ahead of potential supply needs.
Community Relations and Programming
- Fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment characterized by hospitality-class customer service and assisting members in a friendly, patient, and professional manner.
- Managing member expectations and clearly explaining the benefits and offerings of the broader Combined Arms community.
- Collaborating with other Combined Arms teams to staff and implement scheduled events and activities.
- Understanding community needs to proactively ideate, plan, and execute community events, initiatives, programs, and activities.
- Ensuring members are aware of Combined Arms events and offerings across all locations.
- Facilitating introductions and connections between members as appropriate to produce valuable relationships.
- Responding to and resolving member-related issues and conflicts to ensure a cohesive, inclusive community.
Additional Fun Stuff (Other Duties As Assigned)
- Brainstorm, present and potentially execute new ideas across any of our business platforms.
- Manage and execute internal and external events inside our various event spaces.
- Enjoy a fun quality of life with other positive, hard-working team members and Cannon community members
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- An outgoing, engaging, curious, and customer service-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a highly autonomous environment with minimal daily supervision.
- A familiarity with startup incubators, accelerators, innovation hubs, co-working spaces, and related platforms.
- You are passionate about the veteran community and want to join Combined Arms mission to accelerate the impact of veterans on Texas.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, and are comfortable working with everyone from our vendors to CEO’s and senior team members of public and private institutions.
- You are outgoing, comfortable giving tours, attending networking events, and furthering Combined Arms’s mission.
- You are a self-starter and eager to take over a new challenge.
- You are process oriented, as well as comfortable establishing, tracking and managing goals.
- You are available to work occasionally on nights and weekends as needed
- Experience with the veteran/ military community;
- Familiar with Houston area community resources.
- $15/hour @ 30 hours/week
- Simple IRA Retirement with organization match;
- Paid holiday and vacation days;
- Professional development training offered and encouraged.
Email cover letters and resumes to Kevin Doffing at email@example.com by January 31, 2020.