Combined Arms is looking for an amazing military veteran to join our team for a 6 month Fellowship with The Mission Continues.
The Mission Continues Fellowship is an amazing opportunity for post 9/11, recently transitioned military veterans to volunteer at a non-profit, while earning a living stipend. If selected for the program, the Fellow would volunteer as a Social Media & Outreach Specialist, work with the team to help bring Combined Arms programs and services to military veterans.
Social Media & Outreach Specialist
Volunteer Opportunity and Responsibilities:
- Building and executing social media strategy;
- Optimizing organization’s pages within each social media platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content;
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action;
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with organization policy;
- Update online community calendars;
- Continuously improve social media presence by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/ metrics, insight and best practices, and then acting on the information;
- Collaborate with all staff, and other organizations.
Becoming a member of The Mission Continues Fellowship program is a competitive process that involves multiple interviews and application deadlines. We are excited to have this opportunity to have a military veteran grow and work with us for the next six months.
- How long is the volunteer position? For six months. The selected candidate will have to attend an Orientation in October, when they start the position. Fellows are required to volunteer for 20 hours a week at their host site.
- Does it pay? The Mission Continues provides a living stipend to the Fellow. The person is not considered an employee at Combined Arms, but rather a volunteer/intern.
- What does a Fellow do? Along with learning and growing while volunteering, Fellows are assigned to a team member from The Mission Continues for a six month professional and personal growth program. Fellows will also have the opportunity for other volunteer events, public speaking, and representing The Mission Continues, as well as the Combined Arms in the community.
- Who can apply? Post 9/11 military veterans, that have an honorable discharge. This is required by The Mission Continues.
If you are interested in volunteering with our team, please email a cover letter and an updated resume to email@example.com.